Well some of the truth on this carbon tax is finally starting to get in the papers. The Gillard Government has now confirmed what a lot of people already knew, that the carbon tax will increase every year. It really doesn't matter what price the carbon tax will start at, as it will be a different price the next year, and the year after that and so on. Some people may finally start to understand what this will mean.
As the price gets dearer for the carbon tax as we all know the price on electricity gets higher as well, this will then filter through down to everything that we buy, groceries, cloths anything and everything that is made with electricity.
1) Lets take a can of whatever. To make the can itself requires power, the price of the can has now became more expensive to make, the cost gets passed on to the consumer.
2) The ingredients for what is put into the can is also made from power so that cost has also gone up.
3) The cost of the label has also gone up for the same reason.
4) The can then gets transported to the warehouse, transport costs has also gone up with the carbon tax on petrol.
Don't forget that the warehouse itself is also paying more for electricity, so their costs also have been increased.
5) The can then gets transported to the supermarket, this costs more again. The Supermarket has paid for all the above increases on the can.
6) The supermarkets power bills has also increased, so they pass on not only the extra for all of the above, but the extra for their increases as well.
The consumer then decides to buy this can of whatever, the consumer can't get over how much the cost has increased, but really needs it, takes it to the checkout, and pays for it. But also what a lot of people are forgetting is the cost of the GST. If the item you buy costs more you are obviously paying more in GST at the end on your bill as well.
So apply the above for meat as well as it leaves the farm on its journey to the supermarket or butchers, or anything else. It is not only the power bills it is everything we buy. Most people would have noticed the difference already in their cost of living every time they go shopping since we have had the rises in power. The extra cost the Government keeps talking about is electricity only, nothing else is taken into consideration.
THE Gillard Government has confirmed there will be a "steady increase" in its carbon tax every year.
But it is giving no details on whether the compensation package it says will make some people "better off" will rise in step with the tax increases. Read the full story in the Herald Sun.