Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Coca-Cola Reveales it's Secret. (Video)

COCA-Cola is dismissive of a US radio show's claim it has discovered the secret recipe for the popular soft drink.
Coca-Cola South Pacific's public relations manager Susie Crumpton declined to comment on whether This American Life's recipe, which it claimed it had found in a 32-year-old newspaper, were genuine

.
But she said the main ingredients used in the popular soft drink are no secret.

"The ingredients used in our beverages are listed on the product labels and many people have tried over time to crack the secret formula of Coca-Cola," said Ms Crumpton. News.com.au.

It's a very good article actually and well worth the read. There is also some video's in the article as well. Seeing as how coke of course would be patented nobody would be allowed to copy it anyway without breaking the law. I admit I've been a coke drinker for many years, I love it, it's my favourite soft drink out of all of them, I've been drinking coke since I was a teenager, so it is really part of my make up I suppose.

10 comments:

Windsmoke. said...

Haven't drunk coke for many moons, it contains too much sugar and dosen't taste the same as it did in the 60's and 70's after it was modified.

Tempo said...

I gave it up years ago, now and then I cant resist and buy a can...and am immediately reminded why I gave it up.. sweet sickly rubbish

Mags118 said...

Hi Windsmoke,
Yes I remember when they did make a bit of a change, but I love it, I did try a homebrand coke once, OMG it was terrible, now that really had a lot of sugar.

Mags118 said...

Hi Tempo,
A lot of people say it's too sweet for them, but I obviously have a sweet tooth.

Sorry I didn't get to your comments yesterday, but it was my Birthday, and I went out with friends. :)

Anonymous said...

Coke is what I like best to mix my drinks, I have tried the others over the years, but you can't beat a nice Rum and Coke. :)

Tempo said...

You should still be too sick from your birthday bender to blog today Mags... Of course Coke's fine with Bourbon..

Mags118 said...

Hi Anon,
I have heard this many times.

Mags118 said...

Hi Tempo,
LOL. You will be surprised? to know that I don't drink, yep true, but I have been very busy, Jury Service is finally over, so hopefully things will get back to normal.

Unknown said...

Often we don't have a choice. At McDonald's and Hungry Jack's, it's Coca Cola. At KFC, it's Pepsi Cola. Personally, I like Kirk's Sasparilla.

Mags118 said...

Hi Mal,
So true, we don't have a lot of takeaway, but I always have plenty of soft drinks at home so it is rare indeed for us to have to get a drink with any takeaway, plus of course it's a lot cheaper buying drinks from the supermarket. The upside is you can drink whatever you want. :)