Mick Pattel is the organizer with the board members of NRFA, (National Road Freighters Association) for this progressive joining convoy - much support for this to take place as the frustration and no confidence in the Federal Government is reiterated over and over again.
There is movement in Australia, the word has passed around,
A bob tailed truck is leaving Katherine, NT Canberra bound.
Now the truck will bolt from his yards on the 17th of August 2011,
No doubt the mob will be joining him, on his journey down.
A progressive Convoy is what he has sent the message for far and wide,
The Prime Minister told Laurie Oaks, "Democracy is not an opinion poll Laurie..."
Quite right Prime Minister, it is not. Democracy is a vote...
AUSTRALIA WE HAVE OURSELVES A CONVOY
Fantastic funny video:- The Convoy of No Confidence Song check it out.
Make banners for your vehicles, to show your vote of no confidence - people want an election..
Check your tyres, oil and water, fuel up, and join in when it comes through your town...
At this stage, due to so many stating they will be driving their cars, utes, trucks et, the convoy will likely be split to criss cross the states on the way down to Canberra, allowing more people to see the power of grassroots people, and join in the Convoy.
Update:- There are now 11 Convoy's.
JoNova for doing the map. Click map for larger view.
A list of where the Convoy's will be leaving from can be found here.
For every vehicle, mode of transport in the Convoy, it is imperative that you have an identifiable symbol This is decided to be the AUSTRALIAN FLAG These can be purchased inexpensively at any discount bargain shop - and is highly appropriate - after all, this Convoy is for our much loved Australia.
Each Vehicle should as an option, put on banners of words, including, but not limited to
"Convoy of No Confidence".
Most will be 6.00am starts and ending at 5.00pm.
NRFA convoy leaders, are aware that many people are not used to driving at night, or are not experienced with long distance driving.
Therefore, this convoy is being responsible in the welfare and saftey of all those participating as much as humanly possible.
Rules of the Convoy
- We need all participants to please check the below list.
- Make sure your vehicles are road worthy and registered.
- Make sure you carry food and water, and bedding.
- Make sure you abide all traffic rules.
- Make sure as the towns, and leaving times are announced, you allow yourself save driving time to join in.
- Make sure that you have your banners, and Australian flag to identify yourself as part of the Convoy.
- It is IMPERATIVE that all vehicles joining the convoy, behave in an orderly driving fashion.
- It is IMPERATIVE that all vehicles stay behind the trucks leading the convoy.
- Make sure that you leave room for normal traffic flows not participating, to be able to pass you safely on the road.
- It is IMPERATIVE that people in the convoy listen to the two way radios - but do NOT join in for idol chatter on the truck frequency. Pre organize another channel with your mates to do this, in the interest of safety for all drivers on our roads.
Please give all these people your support, if you cannot join in the Convoy, send out e-mails, post on facebook, pass the word around about this event so that others know about this as well.
A real nice surprise, the Convoy has been reported about in The Australian
The Convoy has also been mentioned in the Canberra Times.
There is an acticle about this event in Beef Central
News article also in the Mudgee Guardian
News article also in Owner Driver
Now in Andrew Bolts blog and also The Punch